Apply for this Course (
Children & Young People’s Workforce Level 3 )
More about CYP Level 3
Children & Young People’s Workforce Level 3
Who would benefit from this diploma?
This qualification is aimed at candidates who work, or want to work, in a range of health or social care settings, or with children or young people, such as care workers, childminders, early years practitioners, nursery nurses, connexions workers and foster carers. The level three diploma aims to guide and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to Early Learning and Childcare, Social Care and the Learning Development and Support Services.
What does the qualification cover?
Learners are required to complete a total of 65 credits, including 27 credits from mandatory Group A, plus a choice of one of three pathways; Early Learning & Childcare (Group C: 22 credits), Social Care (Group D: 13 credits) or Learning Development and Support Services (Group E: 13 credits). The remaining credits must be achieved from the list of optional units:
Mandatory units (selection only)
• Promote communication • Engage in personal development • Promote equality and inclusion • Principles for implementing duty or care • Understand child and young person development • Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people • Support children and young people’s health and safety • Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
Group C (selection only)
• Context and principles for early years • Promote development in the early years
Group D (selection only)
• Assessment and planning • Promote the wellbeing and resilience of children and young people
Group E (selection only)
• Support children and young people to make positive changes in their lives • Support children and young people to achieve their education potential
Optional units (selection only)
• Work with babies and young children to promote their development and learning • Care for the physical and nutritional needs of young children and babies • Lead and manage a community based early years setting • Understand how to set up a home based childcare service